Career Resources Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reports to: Director of Employer Network
Location: Kansas City, MO
Remote in the KC area
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: Annual salary based on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, PTO, Holidays, leave program, 401k including employer contribution, and others
Operating hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm CST
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure 10% more scholars secure a job shadow, internship, and professional development experience annually.
- Ensure 50% of scholars have completed a career interest assessment and career plan by the end of their senior year of high school and college.
- Communicate about internship opportunities with scholar advocates and scholars to increase access for scholars resulting in at least 50% of scholars experiencing an internship.
- Work with individual scholars who are struggling to find employment with 80% achieving success.
- Work with employer engagement managers to publicize internship programs for scholars in high school, college and adult learners.
- Coordinate with our high school and university partners to mine opportunities.
- Coordinate State run apprenticeships.
- Work closely with scholar advocates and coaches to connect scholars with career opportunities.
- In the instances required, have direct interaction with scholars to provide necessary guidance.
- Coordinate and facilitate the connections between scholar and employer as needed including but not limited to scheduling initial interviews, office detail set ups, tracking candidate licensing, etc.
- Assist in campus career fairs, community events, etc.
Research & Data Management
- Connect relevant internal KC Scholars data to employers and vice versa.
- Conduct weekly report outs of progress as well as conduct cumulative report outs when needed.
- Occasional other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Account Management, or Human Resources.
- At least three years of related work experience in business, recruitment, corporate, or education required.
- Three years of project planning and management required.
Additional Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, transformational environment.
- Able to shift priorities as needed.
- Strong project management.
- Ability to make objective decisions through facts and data.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven yet willing to follow direction, at times with limited input.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile as needed.
- Personal value system that includes the highest standards of honesty, confidentiality, integrity, loyalty, and professional ethics reflective of the ability to succeed in building and maintaining positive relationships with the community.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, research skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills).
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to work in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to travel from and to work and occasionally to regional sites as the organization grows.
- Ability to interact with others via technology, face-to-face and collectively.
To apply, please follow this link, and be prepared to upload your resume.
KC Scholars firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state, or local law.