ABOUT THE ROLE
Reports to: Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications
Location: Kansas City, MO
Hybrid: Hybrid 2 days in office, 3 days remote (technology provided)
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: Annual salary based on experience
Operating hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm CST
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, PTO, Holidays, leave program, 401k including employer contribution, and others
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure that 80% of individuals entering the pipeline continue as a scholar.
- Ensure 80% of scholars complete a training program.
- Ensure 80% of completers earn a job paying a minimum of $45,000 per year.
- Ensure 80% of completers remain in the workforce in KC for one year.
The Marketing Coordinator role will report to the Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications and will play a key role at KC Scholars. This role will be responsible for assisting the department, which includes a Communications Manager, in new and ongoing marcomm initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters, and other materials.
- Work closely with vendors to ensure all digital and print marketing initiatives are met.
- Gather, research, prepare, and maintain communications materials including marketing toolkits, mailing lists, and promotional materials. Establish and maintain contact lists and file sharing. Make sure all sales support material is accurate and up to date while coordinating new material creation as needed.
- Conduct minor edits within Adobe Creative Suite.
- Coordinate special publicity events and promotions.
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies, and other events for publicity, fundraising, and informational purposes.
- Assist Senior Marketing and Communications Director in various marketing initiatives.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, speeches, presentations, website content, and press releases.
- Work locally with media and manage materials needing to be promoted in the Kansas City region including pictures at events and functions.
- Ensure all shared folders are updated and organized with deliverables for each department day to day. Create and manage QR codes.
- Help conduct competitive research, market trends, and be comfortable analyzing data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field required.
- At least 3 years of Marketing experience required.
- At least 3 years of Communications experience required.
Additional Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing, and verbal communication skills.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
- High energy, maturity, and great organizational skills.
- Be data-driven and help manage reporting for the marketing department.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus, and project management experience needed.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all groups including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new marketing ideas and initiatives.
- Manage the KC Scholars brand, including brand integrity and visibility across the organization.
- Manage, design, edit, and publish KC Scholars print and electronic communications and collateral.
Skills Required for this role:
- Proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and good knowledge of all social media platforms is required.
- Strong comfort using technology, including cloud-based apps and software.
- Skilled in visual design. Experience with design software and WordPress is preferred.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Develop and manage marketing initiatives and storytelling about the nonprofit community for internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgement and the ability to make independent decisions in a changing and fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to work in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to travel from and to work and occasionally to regional sites as the organization grows.
- Ability to interact with others via technology, face-to-face and collectively.
KC Scholars firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state, or local law.