ABOUT THE ROLE
Reports to: Director of Finance and Business Operations
Location: Kansas City, MO
Hybrid: 2 days in office, 3 days remote (technology provided)
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Salary: Annual salary based on experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, PTO, Holidays, leave program, 401k including employer contribution, and others
Operating hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm CST
Key Performance Indicators:
- Each department as a percentage of total expense compared to budget monthly.
- Audit engagement planning and fieldwork completed on time.
- Accounting policies and procedures updated by the end of fiscal year.
- 99% of payables paid by due date and converted to automating bill payment process.
- Financial Statements completed accurately and within 20 days from the end of month.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for general accounting functions including assisting with accounts payable, accounts receivable, preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet accounts, annual budget, and income statement by function, account analysis and helping the Director of Finance fulfill the responsibilities of the Finance department.
- Assist in preparing reports, interpret the financial amounts of data, and presenting information to demonstrate the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for reviewing financial statements to ensure accuracy
- Work with team members to complete annual and 10-year operating budget.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of external audit and annual tax process.
- Assist with Great Jobs KC organization and payments to outside vendors with various start dates occurring throughout the year.
- Manage equipment inventory, replacement schedule, cost projections, and ordering, in tandem with IT staff.
- Adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook that aligns with our culture and mission.
- Attend continued education courses on non-profit accounting.
- Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements in all areas.
- Attend meetings and events as appropriate.
- Other related activities and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3 years of QuickBooks experience needed.
- 3 years of Excel knowledge, including Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and other spreadsheet functionality.
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized with effective communication skills, and ability to multi-task in a rapid scaling organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment with the ability to set and meet clear deadlines.
Additional Knowledge, skills, and competencies:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point, and OneNote).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, transformational environment.
- Able to shift priorities as needed.
- Strong project management.
- Ability to make objective decisions through facts and data.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-driven yet willing to follow directions, at times with limited input.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile as needed.
- Personal value system that includes the highest standards of honesty, confidentiality, integrity, loyalty, and professional ethics reflective of the ability to succeed in building and maintaining positive relationships with the community.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, research skills, presentation skills, facilitation skills).
- Extremely detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to work in an office and remote environment.
- Ability to travel from and to work and occasionally to regional sites as the organization grows.
- Ability to interact with others via technology, face-to-face and collectively.
To apply, please follow this link, and be prepared to upload your resume.
KC Scholars firmly supports the principle and philosophy of equal opportunity for all individuals, regardless of age, race, gender, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category pursuant to applicable federal, state, or local law.